Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Favourite Lip Balms of the year so far...

Winter in Scotland is rarely fun. It consists of colds, sniffles, flu and worst of all dry lips and dry skin thanks to combination of the freezing cold and the warmness of a centrally heated house or flat. I spend most of my time these days in Aberdeen for university. I read recently that Aberdeen is the 'coldest city in the UK'. This I can most definitely believe. The icy winds of the North Sea whip and tug at you as you battle through the rain and granite trying to get to your destination. Not pleasant.

Thankfully its not like this all the time and there are lots of things available to combat the dreaded dry skin and lips that winter brings! 

I have been a big fan of tinted lip balms all my life: from stealing my mum's shimmery Nivea lip salve when I was in primary school to the days of rose-tinted Vaseline in high-school. (I have never ever finished a tub of Vaseline. I always just buy a new one when the old one gets a bit grimy looking. Probably why I have zero money these days.) Safe to say I'm always on the lookout! 

I had heard a few people talking about Maybelline Baby Lips and saw it on offer in Asda for £2.50. Such a bargain! Usually they cost about £4 each. They aren't too richly pigmented which I love and your lips are left nice and smooth afterwards. Baby smooth in fact. There are loads of different colours. I have Pink Punch and I absolutely love it! It is the most beautiful, perfect bubblegum pink colour.

Similarly I'd heard heaps of good things about the Revlon Lip Butters. I popped into Superdrug one day to kill some time and ended up coming out with loads of stuff (as per usual) and amongst all that stuff was a Revlon Lip Butter in the colour Juicy Papaya. It is very different to the usual pink toned colours I'd wear with much more of an orangey undertone. I am definitely going to expand my collection of these two lip products and most likely end up buying every single colour available!

Top is a swatch of Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya, bottom is Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch


2 comments:

  1. They are SO pretty, and not expensive at all! You should get them! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete