Friday, 28 February 2014

Real Techniques Makeup Brushes

As with most of my beauty purchases I was convinced to buy the Real Techniques makeup brushes by the wonderful Tanya Burr. I got these for Christmas and have used them every single day. (I do wash them weekly...) Absolutely the best makeup brushes I have ever used. Soft, durable, and they make it super easy to apply your makeup giving a flawless finish.

I got the starter kit for eyes and the Core Collection initially at Christmastime. The kit for eyes contains five brushes.

1. Accent Brush
2. Pixel-Point Liner Brush
3. Brow Brush
4. Base Shadow Brush
5. Deluxe Crease Brush

I use each and every one when I apply eyeshadow and all the brushes are synthetic which means cleaning them is so easy!

Accent Brush, Pixel Point, Brow Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Crease Definer

This starter kit retails for around £20.

The Core Collection is equally as good as the eye brushes. This set has 4 brushes.

1. Contour Brush
2. Pointed Foundation Brush
3. Detailer Brush
4. Buffing Brush

Contour, Pointed Foundation, Detailer, Buffing Brush


Although the back of the case they come in says that the buffing brush should be used for mineral foundation, I predominantly use it for liquid foundation and use it to buff the liquid into my skin. It works so well for this purpose! I don't really tend to use mineral foundation in winter - so I will have to test out its application of mineral foundation in the summertime.

Again I found the same with the Pointed Foundation Brush - I find it too small for using to blend liquid foundation all over my face so I use it for blending in concealer. I've been using a liquid concealer under my eyes these past few months so this brush is perfect for that.

The contour brush is great for bronzing - I wouldn't tend to contour blush on my cheeks so I mostly use this for faking cheekbones! Then dust the bronzer off of it and use it to pop a bit of powder blush on the apples of my cheeks.

I also saw the Expert Face in Boots last month (that's the one that Tanya uses all the time for foundation) and I just had to get it after I know how great the rest of the collection was. I was NOT disappointed. It works in a very similar way to the buffing brush from the Core Collection but gives a softer, more flawless finish as it designed for liquid foundations. I absolutely adore it and have been recommending it to all of my friends.

Have you tried these brushes? If so what do you think? Leave me a little comment to tell me! :)

2 comments: