Tuesday, 4 February 2014

MAC Pro Palette

I'm a self confessed make-up addict. I spend far too much of my meagre student budget on beauty products (both high-street and high-end) that I cannot afford. That being said it makes me very happy when I look at the beautiful and extensive collection of make-up I have amassed.

Quite possibly the jewel of my collection (at the moment...) is my MAC Pro Palette. I have watched online tutorials (namely Tanya Burr who is a MAC diehard) and been influenced to go out and begin building up my own one. I was going to wait to do a blog post on it until it was completely full. I'm currently 3 off filling it so I think I'm allowed to cheat slightly! I don't see my purchasing of all of these eye shadows as splurging; I see it as an investment. The eye shadows are so richly pigmented that they last for a very long time.

I have 12 eye shadows in my palette so I'm going to talk about each one and describe the effect.
L-R: Cranberry, Satin Taupe, Jest, Naked Lunch (difficult to see!) Nylon, Club, Shadowy Lady, Omega, Charcoal Brown, Mystery, Woodwinked, All That Glitters

Cranberry - a rich, warm, pinky, shimmery cranberry colour that is absolutely beautiful. With pink toned eye shadows you have to be careful - no one wants to go out looking like they've been blubbing! However complimented with other colours such as Club and Mystery this eye shadow is really striking.

Satin Taupe - a super shimmery, rich, silvery-purpley colour that is perfect swept over the lid for daytime wear and also built up for evening wear. I use this eye shadow most days along with Shadowy Lady or Charcoal Brown through my crease.

Jest - a very pale pink, frosty and brilliant for using as an all over lid colour before using darker colours on top.

Naked Lunch - similar to Jest, frosty, pale pink, but a bit lighter and slightly more versatile, this looks good worn on its own with just a slick of eyeliner.

Nylon - Rich, frosty, shimmery pale vanilla colour. I use this eye shadow everyday for one thing only: a highlighter. By placing some of this in the inner corner of your eyes and around your tear ducts it works wonders for opening your eyes up. I use this on my brow bone as well.

Club - Greeny brown colour, satin, looks quite different on the lid to how it does in the pan. Slightly more brown when worn as it looks very green in the pan. Perfect for creating smoky eye that is less harsh than using dark browns and blacks, and compliments Cranberry in the most beautiful way.

Shadowy Lady - a rich dark midnight shade of purple. This is a matte shadow so worn over the top of something like Satin Taupe makes it pop. Packed onto the lid this eye shadow is very dramatic, perfect for nights out!

Omega - a very light brown, matte, good eyebrow colour for those with fair hair. I personally find it too light for my eyebrows but it is also a very versatile shadow. Works well with swept all over the lid with Charcoal Brown in the crease; this is a very good daytime look, perfect for work or school as it is gives your eyes definition without being overstated.

Charcoal Brown - perfect colour for brows, a very dark brown, matte, perfect for those with mid to dark coloured hair, I sometimes use Charcoal Brown mixed with Mystery for my brows, keeping the darker colour (Mystery) for the arch and starting off on the inside with Charcoal Brown which is a bit lighter than Mystery.

Mystery - this is a satin eye shadow but I use it all the time on my brows. I love having a dark, strong, brow and sometimes feel that Charcoal Brown alone is not enough colour for me. Mystery is much darker and gives more definition.

Woodwinked - a burnt, gold, coppery, shimmery shadow that is absolutely gorgeous packed onto the lid. This is a perfect colour for nights out, its very glamourous and eye-catching!

All That Glitters - sparkly, gold and similar to Woodwinked in the respect that it is a great eye shadow for nights out. Very shimmery and striking.



Please tell me what you think of the colours, or if there are any other cool ways to mix them so that they compliment each other even better! Also please feel free to leave suggestions of other colours to fill my last three spaces!












No comments:

Post a Comment