Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Maxfactor Xperience

I began using this foundation a few years back. I had been using loose mineral foundation but felt I wasn't getting enough coverage, went into Boots in a rush before work, saw this and just grabbed it on a whim... you should never buy foundation on a whim. However this is one of the few times where it turned out okay. I was hooked and have used it ever since. It's relatively inexpensive, retails around £8-10 depending on offers. Usually Boots and Superdrug do good deals on make-up with 3 for 2 deals and suchlike. It smells great, is non sticky and gives amazing coverage on spots and blemishes. As the picture shows I use the colour Raw Beige. The tube looks really small but it lasts for ages and should do you for a good 4 or 5 months minimum. I feel it evens my skin out and all you need on top is a light dusting of powder - I generally use Stay Matte Powder by Rimmel - which is a great powder! It stays put takes away shine instantly. I really am a massive fan of this powder and Rimmel in general. I would class Maxfactor Xperience as a foundation for the warmer months; when I say warmer months I mean from around May to October. I live in Scotland. It's never warm here apart from the odd freak day you get in the summer! I would recommend using a heavier foundation in the winter time to really treat your skin. What I've been using this winter is Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. I'll do a review on it soon but it is definitely something that I will be continuing to use. Again if you have any comments or opinions I would be delighted to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment